11.28.2011

November 20, 2011

I was in 6th grade when my parents started talking about Isaac Henson. Isaac was in 7th grade at the time, making my dad his Sunday School teacher and my dad was impressed. My parents encouraged me to invite Isaac to game nights and birthday parties, but I hadn't ever spoken to him so that was kinda weird. 

In the spring of my 8th grade year, a youth retreat was wrapping up and I talked to him. I can't even remember what we talked about in those 3 minutes, but I remember thinking that he impressed me. His love for God and his love for life seemed to overflow from every piece of our conversation. After a birthday card, several phone calls and numerous handwritten letters we started dating. Only it wasn't really dating since my parents had a rule that I couldn't ever date. :) 

Over these past 6 years, we have walked together towards our King and I am beyond thankful for the blessing God has given to me. On November 20th we celebrated our 1 year anniversary and i could burst with joy! Praise the Lord for my wonderful husband.


every road trip starts with a mocha frappe.







our view of the arch from our hotel...
and yes, he likes to spoil me with starbucks in the morning.
Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Erin said...

I love watching you both. You are amazing.