3.01.2012

Cat + Nick && their engagement

I first met Cat last fall when I filmed her for a video at Church. We were talking (in Church) about how we should seek the Lord as we share and we should be bold in what He calls us to do. And Cat and Nick do just that. They live life with a group of teens in our community and share the gospel as they invest in their lives.

It's really beautiful to watch them serve and to see the effect of their ministry as they seek God together. Nick had planned to propose on Wednesday night while they were with the youth and called me up to take pictures. For the next few days I was going CRAZY. Cat is getting engaged. Cat is getting ENGAGED! It's impossible to tell you just how excited I was!! 

I had already scheduled a day to take pictures of Cat because I really just want to tell you all about this amazing girl and so I asked to photograph her Wednesday night before they met with the youth. And since I do videos here and there (and here and there) for the Church, I told her that I would be filming at the White House... and she was totally cool with it.

So for an evening, I got to hang out with an amazing group of students until one of the leaders asked everyone to come downstairs. Cat walked over to stand by Nick and I don't know when she knew for sure, but I think it was around that time because she got so excited that she couldn't stop smiling. and I smile just thinking about it.

Nick walked Cat over and had her sit down so he could wash her feet (he noted to the kids that this is what Jesus did for His disciples). Leave it to these two to turn their engagement into a testimony of God's love for the student's lives. Cat and Nick, I am so blessed to know you both and I am so EXCITED for you both!!!












1 comment:

Ashley Nicole said...

Thank you for doing this.. for those of us who aren't near enough to see it all take place in person. You did a great job with these!!! :D thanks again