1.19.2012

Beauty?

I want to be real with you. Because His grace is sufficient for me and His power is made perfect in weakness. God has challenged me over the past few years to become honest. To become real. Because pretending like I am perfect is insane. I will boast in what the Lord is doing and in what He has done!

Beauty. It's something that every girl struggles with. We have this desire to be beautiful and desired and worthy. Well, I didn't even wonder if I was beautiful in high school because I knew that I wasn't. I wasn't even concerned about it because I knew that there was no way that I could change it: I was never going to be beautiful. You see, I had read about what God thought about me in Psalm 139 and I knew that it was truth, but I did not choose to live by that truth.

It's crazy to me how quickly I accepted this lie and let it become etched into what I thought about myself. Praise the Lord that His truth is what defines me and not these lies! He says that I am His and His love makes me beautiful: He doesn't love me because I am beautiful, but because He loves me I am BEAUTIFUL. and I am even more than that. I am redeemed and free and valued and He delights in me. He, the King of kings, delights in me. this makes my heart rejoice!

A week or so ago, I announced an event happening with our youth. These girls are going to paint their nails, bleach tshirts, and replace lies with truth. We are going to fellowship together and talk about who He is and who He says we are. We are going to enjoy Him and He is going to DELIGHT in us. forever. and ever. 

He defines me. and you. and us. Live that way today. 



2 comments:

Kerrie Noffstedder said...

You are so inspiring Jordan. I want to be able to write like this and encourage other people. And you are really beautiful.

Linda K said...

You are beautiful in all ways and your writings are inspiring.