2.11.2011

Forever Moments

As I listen to Michael Bublé, I find myself getting all excited about weddings. This is how you know that I am a photographer at heart: leading up to my wedding day, I was so excited because I knew that I would be able to watch another photographer work (and so I would learn). Of course, learning from another photographer was not really on the forefront of my mind that day...


Our wedding day was absolutely amazing (my parents are great) and I cherish every memory that I have from it. But the great thing about marriage is that it just keeps getting better. I had no idea that there could be such a strong connection between a husband and his wife! No idea! Our love continues to grow and I am blessed to be married to such a great man of God.


My wedding day did teach me a lot about photography though. I have learned that it is not about setting up the pose with the perfect light. Photographing a wedding is about capturing the moment between the father and daughter, mother and daughter, and that oh, so intimate connection between the bride and groom.


I love this picture because it is sweet. Because it is real. Because it is a picture of a fairy tale come true.




This is what photography is.

No comments: