4.04.2012

FAQ: Client Websites

I launched Nick and Cat's website last night and received a few questions about how the website was made. I thought it might be beneficial to address these questions here because I love talking about (and making) websites.

1) Did you use a template? If so, where did you get the template?

Because I love designing websites so MUCH, I actually created the website myself through ShowIt using a plus site. I wanted a client site that really represented my brand, which is why it looks a lot like my own website. I decided to use a video (created on Animoto) for the home page because I wanted to take all that emotion that a friend of Cat or Nick might feel when looking at their picture and bottle it up. If someone followed the link from Facebook or my blog, I wanted them to remember how they felt when looking at someone's engagement pictures. && Hopefully that emotion will help them to remember me!

2) I noticed that the website is full screen all the time. How did you do that?

When I was coding my website (look at that Computer Science making itself handy), this was a problem that I ran into because I wasn't able to keep images proportional and anchored. So when I discovered ShowIt, I was thrilled! So, to answer your question, it's all ShowIt! 

3) I have never seen a section on the website that was about the clients. Have you seen any benefits to this? It seems like a lot of extra work and I just didn't know if it was worth it...

I decided to include an "about" page for my clients because I wanted to make them feel special! As far as business benefits, I think that by including this section it keeps potential clients on the website longer and this increases the possibility of remembering my name.

4) How did you create the "hover" on the about section?

ShowIt, ShowIt, ShowIt! They have tons and tons of information on their wiki and after doing a bit of reading, everything is fairly straighforward!


I hope this was helpful! If I wasn't clear on some part just let me know so I can explain it in a better way! && If you have any questions about ANYTHING send me an email (jordan@jordanbrittley.com) or comment on Facebook. Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Gina said...

This is very helpful Jordan. I am thinking about switching to ShowIt now. It's amazing what you've done with the website.