4.25.2012

broken computers and flashing blue lights

Isaac and I are graduating college in just a few weeks...holla!! So this Monday, Isaac and I headed down to Drury for his honors colloquium. And let me just take this little moment to tell you that my man is brilliant. My youngest sister leaned over to me near the end and said "I bet this is why he had to study so much." If you want to read the book he wrote about a new way to look at Christian ethics, shoot me an email! I would be happy to send you a copy: jordan@jordanbrittley.com


That night, after dinner with family, I had my laptop on my lap and as I reached over the side of the bed to plug in Isaac's phone, the laptop slipped off my lap and crashed on the floor. Isaac and I both just stared in disbelief and I was hoping, just hoping, that no damage had been done. However, when I started my computer I found flashing blue in the highlights of my screen and fuzzy grey and red lines on the sides. && no matter how hard I tried to cry, the tears just wouldn't come.

because a photographer cannot work on a computer with flashing blue lights. Before going to bed that night, I told Isaac that I knew God could fix my computer if He wanted. And so I asked God to fix my computer, fully expecting it to be free of this horrible problem in the morning. Not the case. Isaac called the mac geniuses and scheduled a meeting for Thursday (tomorrow). 

And I am sure you are wondering right about now if I have insurance on my laptop and yes, yes I do! But I did NOT want to spend money on getting something fixed. I want to spend money on dates and gifts and pretty things. Not broken laptop screens. 

So this morning I opened my laptop to study for a test and it was pretty evident that the discoloration was spreading through the entire screen. I was incredibly disappointed and I just kept telling God that I knew He could fix this problem if He wanted. I walked away from my computer for a few seconds and when I returned... no flashing lights. No fuzzy grey and red lines inching their way across the screen. Just beautiful color and light. Perfectly displayed.

&& then the tears came. && I thanked God for fixing my computer. && I now I can't stop thanking Him. :)

No comments: