4.12.2012

Styled Shoot: Austin + Alanna

Styled shoots are quickly becoming one of my favorite things. Perhaps it is because I get to photograph weddings and work with amazing people. It's restful for me: the brainstorming, planning and shooting. Of course, nothing quite measures up to the emotion on a wedding day (the parents and grandparents and friends add so very much) but nevertheless I am loving these styled shoots. 

This was my first styled shoot working with a wedding planner and I could write blog post after blog post about why you need a wedding planner on your big day. It takes so much pressure off of you and you are able to focus on doing the things that you love... and then marry your best friend. How is that not better?

These vendors are amazing and I highly recommend each one of them. Enjoy!

Gorgeous, right?!

The owner of Day to Remember, Carol Hodson, supplied us with this stunning mirror and I wanted to use it for everything.

H & H knows beautiful jewelry and picked the dress and tux to match. love them.








love it!

&& this is why I love first looks!




Tara Decker at Reflections did a fantastic job on the hair && Cassandra Harris did the makeup. Seriously, I was amazed.


You are stunning Alanna. Simply stunning.








The Flower Patch made this adorable hairpiece. I was so happy when I saw it that I actually giggled!

GORGEOUS.




so, so sweet.




Pappy's made the cake and cupcakes. lovely.






Allie with One Sweet Day: Boutique Weddings made these cookie-in-a-jar favors and hanging quilting hoops. She thought of every. single. detail.




















a DIY item from Allie!






I couldn't stop swooning over this light. Just amazing.




















More flowers from The Flower Patch.
 A huge thanks to the amazing team who made this happen. Seriously, you blew me away with all of your talent.

Wedding Planner: Allie Meirath with One Sweet Day: Boutique Weddings
Venue and Rentals: Carol Hodson with Day to Remember
Dress & Tux: H & H Creations 
Makeup: Cassandra Harris
Hair: Tara Decker with Reflections Salon & Spa
Models: Alanna & Austin
Photography: Jordan Brittley 



3 comments:

Susan said...

This is a great post. Great inspiration since I'm doing my first styled shoot on the 24th! It's exciting to do these!

InspiredGert said...

great job Jordan! these are lovely...i how she's giggling when he's kissing her on the cheek in a few of them. ps - i'm in love with this venue too!

Linda K said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Great Job Jordan