5.14.2012

Monday Matters: Jenna Renae

I opened my windows this morning to let the cool air flow through my house and I listened to the birds singing from the trees. I sipped on my frappe and read as the silence surrounded me... "And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

My mother-in-law prayed this verse for me as I was preparing for El Salvador. And God has spoken to me through this verse in ways that I can't really describe. Because there are so many times that I think my weakness is too much... too much for Him to overcome. And this beautiful Word of His calls out that lie in my life. And because of who He is, I can live life fully. && He is powerful in my weaknesses. He is powerful in my life.

God has challenged me to dream... to look into the depths of my heart and understand what I long for. && He has challenged me to ask this question of others. Because it's good for us to dream... and to let Him be very big in our lives.

Jenna wants to change the world. && as she continues on this journey she wants to touch the lives of children who don't have very much. When I asked her what she wanted to do with our camera time she said that she wanted to do a shoot that would inspire people to buy a pair of Toms. And I smiled. Because Jenna is really beautiful.














You can head on over to the TOMS website to order a pair of shoes (click HERE).

"because you may be giving a pair of shoes to a child who has never had shoes before." -Jenna

No comments: