3.14.2012

Monday Matters: Cat Tipton

Welcome to the newest series on the blog: Monday Matters. And you're right, it's not Monday but we are going to start now anyway! For the past year, my heart has been aching to share with the world what God is doing in my life. It aches because He is so good and all people should hear the wondrous things He has done. I wanted to encouraged and be encouraged. And I still want this today.


I have been blessed in my life to know great women: women who seek God above all other things. These women ache to walk with God each day and to love Him more as they grow in their relationship with Him. These are Proverbs 31 women and they are changing the world together.

Meet Cat. She is studying school in southwest Missouri and she is lovely. You may recognize her because she was recently engaged!!! Grab your coffee and some tissues - you're in for a treat.























1. What are you looking forward to most in the next year? 
Okay here is one thing........................August 10, 2012!! I will be getting married to Nick, a God-fearing man who is seeking the Lord’s heart before anything else. (1 Timothy 6:11-16) A leader who has been blessed by the Lord in so many ways and does not waste the gifts he has been given. I am very humbled and honored to be in relationship with him and God providing Nick in my life has been such a revelation of His grace and sovereignty. Since I can remember the desire of my heart has been to be a wife and a mother, but from time to time I have doubted my ability to be either of those things. (Psalm 37:4) Insecurities can be crippling fears that the enemy uses to the light that is within us. (Isaiah 41:10) I was constrained with the belief that my past and my sin were so much that I had lost favor with the Lord. (Romans 8:1) Christ chose to die for me, for Nick, for you even knowing that we would sin, even knowing that we would be unbelieving, even knowing all our faults… we were chosen. (Romans 5:8) God teaches me the truth about Himself and myself through His word and other people in my life. He has assured me that I am enough, that I am worthy, and that I am capable through Him alone. (1 Corinthians 6:11Matthew 6:26Philippians 4:13Luke 12:7) I rest assured that when Christ is where I lay myself down He will always be victorious. (Galatians 2:20)






















2. Share anything.
God provides. (Matthew 6:31-322 Corinthians 9:8Philippians 4:19) This truth has been so evident to me in my life. God has clothed me, fed me, loved me, and nurtured me. He is my Father. Long story short…in high school I experienced a time of physical abandonment. I lived in an empty house by myself and continued to attend school, continued to work, and just waited for something to happen for God to swoop in and take care of me. I know that sounds romantic and you may be thinking “Man, this girl has some serious faith to wait on the Lord like that!”, but that was not really my heart. I was angry with God for placing me in a family that would leave and hurt me. I was angry at my family…very angry. My attitude about my circumstance was not praise God, but rather to test and mock Him. (1 Thessalonians 5:18Luke 4:121 John 4:20) Even though my heart was corrupt the Lord did not leave me or forsake me, I was not abandoned, and I was and am still loved. (John 14:18Joshua 1:5) God revealed Himself to me and showed me He is sovereign over all things and all things work for His glory. God blessed, protected, and provided for me far beyond my expectations. He is faithful. (Psalm 36:5)

















3. If you could tell women one thing, what would it be?
Dear women in the world,You are loved by the Creator of all things wonderful. (James 1:17) You are loved and known intimately. (Psalm 139:1-4) You are worthy and greatly to be praised. (Zephaniah 3:17) You are a daughter of the King of Kings. (Romans 8:14- 17Galatians 4:4-6) You are entrusted with the mysteries of the God who knows all things. (1 Corinthians 4:1) You are beautifully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)






No comments: