3.02.2012

stillness and delight

Sometimes it's hard for me to be still. haha It's hard for me to do that a lot of the time. Running a business and being a full time student doesn't allow a whole lot of time for stillness because you have to accomplish the task at hand and then look to the next task. And so I am conflicted because I know what the Bible says about being still. Because I know that God desires for me to be still before Him.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations,    
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

Be still before the LORD 
and wait patiently for him.

Psalm 37:7a

I was reminded of this discipline as I was photographing Cat on Wednesday before her engagement. I had scouted the area beforehand and I knew I wanted to use some of the gorgeous light flowing over the top of a nearby building. But as I began to photograph her, a stillness settled over me. It was peace. It was rest. It was exciting and calming all at the same time. And I was reminded that nothing compares with the time we spend with Him. Nothing compares to being still and knowing that He is God. And so these images moves me because it reminds me to be still before my Father and receive His delight in me.




No comments: