6.20.2012

7 years ago

I walked into our kitchen and there was a card on the table. Addressed to me. Probably my grandma... after all it was my birthday. Fourteen. I could hardly believe it. I was getting so old! I smiled and eagerly tore open the envelope. And then my stomach did that thing where it flips. Hope you have a great birthday. Isaac. Isaac. I just kept reading it. Over and over again. Hope you have a great birthday. Not just a regular birthday; the card did not say hope you have a regular birthday. It said great. a great birthday.

Hope you have a great birthday. Isaac

I had spent about 5 minutes talking with Isaac during a youth retreat a couple months before. And I could definitely see what my parents meant when they talked about him. He was intelligent and kind and wise. and handsome. really handsome. But what made me think about Isaac was His love for the Lord. He was so different than other guys our age. He looked to the Lord and he love Him with a fiery passion.

edited to add: this image was taken a few years later on a mission trip to Colorado. 


6 weeks later he told me that he wanted me to be his girlfriend. And I knew what I wanted... and what God wanted. Because this was the man God had for me. That was seven years ago today.

Thanks for choosing me, babe. And thanks for loving me the way you do. Jordan

No comments: