6.26.2012

remembering that sun set

Sometimes we just sit together and reminisce. I love to hear how he remembers our lives together and I love to tell him how I remember growing up with him. Stories from before we were together and what we thought of each other. Stories after.

After writing about our seventh year together, I have been thinking a lot about the mountains. I remember how my hair would dry faster in Colorado. And how the youth group walked around to explore the path laid out before us. I remember waiting for kids to arrive at the sports camp and passing out flyers for VBS.

&& I remember what it was like to walk down the side of that mountain, my hand in his, to watch the sun set. Seeing lights appear from the city below as the darkness spread over the valleys as the last bit of light hovered in the sky. I remember how blessed I felt to have been given such an amazing man. And it makes me smile. Because I am truly blessed to live life with him.


No comments: