2.10.2012

it all matters

"it all matters."

This is the phrase that God keeps putting in my mind. Every part of my life is worth it to Him and He wants to use every part of my life for His glory. Even the messy parts. Even the parts of my life that don't seem significant.

It's so easy for me to begin filling out an imaginary checklist to see if what I do equals something that matters. Do people tell me that it matters? Can I see that it has made a difference? Will others remember it being significant in their lives? And sure, "is this what God wanted?" is on my list too, but it only holds significance in my life if all of the other items on the list are a resounding "yes!"

As believers, we understand that this is not the way that we are supposed to live our lives. We have been given freedom from this checklist. And all I want to do is what God wants. I don't want to base a calling God has given me on anything other than Him. And if I am being completely honest with you, it is hard to live this way.

because people are going to tell me what they think. people may not encourage or support me. people may not remember me. I may not be important to them. it is hard to not want to be popular with the world.

I want to live in this freedom from now on. And yes, I will struggle. I will wonder if what I do is significant. But when I wonder these things, I want to choose to believe God. And if I am doing what He wants...if it is what HE WANTS...then it is His hand, voice and love at work...not mine. And I know that all things in Him are significant. This is the way I want to live. 

2 comments:

Julee said...

This is a great reminder. Its' hard to be happy with just God sometimes. I do want that with my life too.

Linda K said...

Wonderful words, as always. Thank you for sharing. It makes us all think of where we are and where we put our belief. I love you, I love your thoughts and beliefs and I love your photos!