2.08.2012

A Workshop Experience


I started this blog (actually my dad started it for me...talk about support!!!) in 2008. My parents were always so supportive of anything that I wanted to do...but they always encouraged me to seek the Lord in all things. As a child, I didn't really understand what this meant, but I knew that it was important because, well, my parents said it was important. I used to have a soccer poster in my room that said "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as though working for the Lord and not for men." After taking my own senior pictures (with the help of family, friends, and a self-timer), I began to get requests to take pictures for other people.

Starting a business is a difficult process. Because you want to constantly improve and give  your client (who has become a dear friend) something that will inspire them. With every image I take, I am sending a message. And I want that message to hold the truth that God defines us. We are lovely because He has created us. We are worthy because He has redeemed us. We are joyful because of His love. We are called because of His goodness.

I want Him to be the source of inspiration for myself and for my clients.

This is what He has called me to do and because of His calling I smile. Because He blesses me. Because He is good to me. Because He has called me friend. and because I can live in this freedom which is mine in Him.


This freedom He has given us allows us to be united in love! BIIIIIG SMILE as I tell you about ShowIt. ShowIt is a community of photographers who come together to support each other and share ideas while making friends. A fellow showiteer, Katelyn James, is hosting a lovely workshop. Why attend a workshop, you ask? Workshops are for encouraging each other and being a light and getting connected to other photographers who you would have never known otherwise. Workshops are designed to unite and inspire photographers. and I want to do just this as I seek Him in my business.


No comments: